Job Responsibilities: Senior Editor
Salary: ₹65,000 – ₹80,000 a month
Company: Packt Publishing
Education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Packt is a leading publisher of technical learning content with the ability to publish books on new and emerging tech faster than any other publisher in the world. We believe that software has a deep impact on the world, and that software runs on knowledge. Our mission is to increase the shared value of deep tech knowledge. We are tech content engineers and we work with some of the most interesting technical minds and ground-breaking creators on the planet.
What you’ll do
- On-board authors and accept the first three chapters of a book to allow it to proceed through the writing process.
- Provide a content health check for the project manager to facilitate accurate planning and time allocation
- Continually assess the chapters in the book ensuring that the content contains all the required information according to the outline, as well as identifying and removing irrelevant content
- Identify opportunities for authors to improve organization, presentation, clarity and value in the book’s content
- Make substantive edits: work within our product guidelines to ensure that the structure, content, language, style and presentation of the author’s work are suitable for its intended purpose and readership; check for sentence complexity, conciseness and clear, logical development of ideas
- Work with technical reviewers to ensure technical accuracy of the content and code. This will include collating feedback from peer and tech. reviews and ensuring that this is effectively communicated to the author
Click Here: Apply Now