Job Responsibilities : Environment Coordinator
Salary : ₹1,44,000 – ₹1,80,000 a year
Company : Helping Humans
Location : Temporarily remote IN
VACANCY – Environment Coordinator
Employment Type: Contractual
Job Position: Environment Coordinator
Job Location: Kangra Himachal Pradesh
About Helping Humans:
Helping Humans is a nationwide registered non-profit organization working on environment conservation in the Indian Himalayan Range and the states dependent on it. We are also a strategic and technical support to various government non-profit organizations and research institutions to create a greater impact in the conservation projects. Our team specializes in natural resource management speleology groundwater management springs conservation and mountain conservation water management climate change adaptation programs and conducting research to support sustainability and well- being of all. We also possess wide experience in springs and watershed conservation projects agriculture development impact evaluation studies remote sensing analysis etc. and undertake initiatives for the sustainable rural development.
Primary Purpose of Job:
Contribute to the ongoing springshed based watershed development project and carbon efficient heating systems project in Northern region of India. As an Environment Coordinator you will play a key role in a wide variety of conservation and sustainability projects and its activities. This position is anticipated to consist of activities related to watershed springshed landscape restoration hydrological and hydro-geologic assessments ground water modeling carbon efficient technologies vulnerability assessment report writing etc.
The Environment Coordinator will work closely with government agencies non-profits and individual citizens in the community to develop the plan and implement the same. The coordinator will organize and facilitate steering committee meetings arrange logistics for public meetings prepare draft and final plan documents coordinate volunteers and collect necessary data as and when required.
Support project managers/team leader by providing technical support on field visits etc. to ensure that project outcomes is in terms of budget schedule meet the technical and quality standards and the needs of clients as well as HELPING HUMANS.
Primary responsibilities will be related to performing key tasks to support various conservation projects in the Northern Region of India. Responsibilities are anticipated to include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership in developing a watershed management plan through the collection and analysis of land use and resource information identification and clarification of stakeholder concerns establishment of goals and supporting locally initiated strategies.
- Provide leadership in community outreach efforts related to watershed planning. This includes developing and disseminating outreach materials to stakeholders at venues such as community events and networking among agencies organizations and individuals. The coordinator will be responsible for outreach such as preparing press releases PowerPoint presentations and displays.
- Coordinate Steering Committee activities. Provide technical support to the steering committee. Assist in preparing meeting agenda and coordinating activities to implement project. Provide leadership to develop strong working relationships among steering committee members stakeholders and other central state local government. The coordinator will also assist subcommittees as necessary.
- Maintain financial records necessary to manage grant. Keep project on time and on budget. Write monthly quarterly and annual reports. Organize data partner contributions and project progress.
- Manage tasks and project work under senior’s guidance according to approved scopes of work and deliver quality reports on schedule and within budget.
- Write reports collect data overlook committee resolutions and maintenance of records coordinate with village committee for smooth implementation of the project. The coordinator will also organize awareness campaigns from time to time.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental science agriculture civil engineering water resources planning or a related natural resource management field. Candidates with 1 year of experience and advance degree will be preferred.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and manage a complex multi-organizational project.
- Training and/or experience in organizational development communications consensus building facilitation and leadership skills.
- Excellent writing presentation and public relations skills.
- Working knowledge of watershed management restoration and report writing.
- Ability to work independently establish work priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word and Excel and ability to learn new computer applications.
- Understanding of geographic information systems and their use in watershed planning.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation.
- Must be able to pass a Background Security Check.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with individuals groups and units of government.
- Ability to travel to overnight conferences and work some nights and weekends.
- Must be able to communicate in Hindi and should have some basic knowledge of Kangri and Punjabi.
- Local candidates from near Nurpur or Pathankot area are highly preferred.
Position and Salary Details
The Environment Coordinator will report to State Head Himachal Pradesh/Regional Manager North India of Helping Humans. Coordinator will work closely with the steering committee for the planning process. This is a full-time position and the Environment Coordinator will be housed near to the project area at the border area of Himachal Pradesh & Jammu in Nurpur block of Kangra.
Salary range is 12000-15000/- INR and is dependent on qualifications.
Send a resume cover letter and names and contact information of three references to Manager North India Helping Humans. The letter of interest should address the applicant’s qualifications and ability to fulfill the duties of this job. In addition to that do ensure the subject line shall include “Environment Coordinator – Position North India”. Please let us know if we can contact current or previous supervisors. Selected candidates will be contacted for a round of interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹144000.00 – ₹180000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Leave encashment
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Morning shift
- Performance bonus
We continue to monitor our workplace and add safety measures based on Covid-19 Safety Measure Guidelines.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nurpur Kangra – 176051 Himachal Pradesh: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have a resident near Nurpur Kangra or Pathankot area?
- How many years of work experience do you have using MS Office?
- Diploma (Required)
- total work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Local language of Kangra (Required)
- Punjabi (Preferred)
- Driving Licence (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Required)