Job Responsibilities : State Farm Work from Home Jobs
Salary : $18.25 an hour
Company : State Farm
Location : Remote US
As a Fortune 50 company we hire the best employees to serve our customers making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged builds on the strengths and talents of all associates and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement professional designations employee development wellness initiatives and more!
Compensation Package Includes:
- Non-negotiable starting pay of $18.25/hr
- An annual bonus based on individual and enterprise performance
- Annual merit increases
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Location: This position is open to candidates who live within
100 miles of West Lafayette Indiana.
In State Farm Underwriting we champion profitable growth by providing quality customer interactions and products through simplified processes technologies and the excellence of our people. When you join our team you will execute on our underwriting philosophy and fundamentals in our
Personal Lines Auto Contact Center to serve the evolving needs of our customers. Our Care Center Specialists are committed to assisting our State Farm agents and their customers. Check out what it’s like to be a Care Center Specialist II in Underwriting!
Contact Center – Serves as the primary contact for Agents and Agent team members who have questions regarding coverage discounts and billing. Through State Farm agents our customers rely on us to provide accurate timely guidance on their eligibility their placement and their price:
- Handle inbound calls/chats from agents claims partners policyholders or third-party vendors.
- Engage with customers to identify and address adverse situations.
- Review and process applications and/or policy changes according to established guidelines.
- Perform premium breakdowns electronically and/or manually calculate rates based on selected coverages.
- Prepare/type a variety of reports endorsements filings form letters and cancellation letters.
- Guide customers through navigating existing resources such as Rate Manuals Underwriting Guidelines Auto Answers etc.
- Provide Remarkable customer service.
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday-Friday. The length of training varies between 6-12 months in total duration. Limited time off will be granted during the training. Please ensure you are able to commit to the mandatory training before applying. Schedules during training are subject to change based on business need.
Once training is completed various work shifts apply depending on business need and the function where each employee is placed. Our team works in a shift environment between the hours of 7:00 am – 7:30 pm Monday-Friday and may include holidays based on workload and job requirements. Schedules may change based on business need and will require flexibility. May not be able make schedule accommodations must be available to all shift times.
Incumbency: Due to the extensive training new team members are eligible for promotional opportunities after 12 months of service and 24 months for lateral opportunities.
Work Environment: This is a fully remote position. However Day 1 of training will be in person at a central location in West Lafayette TBD. For a successful work environment you will be asked to have a reliable source of internet for your time working at home.
Our Care Center Specialists demonstrate the following skills in their day to day work:
- Knows where to find answers and serves as a technical and procedural resource.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to produce quality work.
- Communicates clearly professionally and empathetically both verbal and written through remarkable customer service skills.
- Ability to provide remarkable customer service in all interactions with agents and associates.
- Ability to handle multiple computer applications in a fast-paced collaborative team environment experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Thrives on accountability to your team your work and your schedule.
- Decision Making and Technical Expertise.